27 Amazing Portrait Photographers in Singapore (2021)
Proper portraits aren’t just for royals anymore. With portrait photography in Singapore, It’s more than just taking a photo of a person’s face. This photography style is all about artistically capturing one’s true self. Today, let’s discuss the ins and outs of portrait photography. We’ll also be showcasing some of the best portrait photographers in Singapore. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Table of Contents
What is portrait photography
Portrait photography is a unique form of photography that emphasizes a person’s true essence. Typically, portraiture focuses on a single, close up shot of a person or a group of people. For a trained photographer, finding the most flattering angle and balancing the amount of light is part of the job. By utilizing an uncluttered background, the subject on the foreground truly stands out.
Eyes are the window to the soul, and in portraits, a person’s eyes are the focal point. The goal is to capture an individual’s personality and life in a photograph.
So why become involved with portrait photography in the first place? That is the big question. Portraiture is an art form in and of itself. Portrait photo sessions can be intimate and artistic. Every freckle and wrinkle tells a story in portrait photography. With this style of photography, it’s more than snapping a close up image of someone’s face. It’s about expressing their life and spirit through seemingly simplistic photos.
Different kinds of Portrait Photography
With portrait photography, the possibilities are endless. This particular style of photography has a few distinct subcategories to choose from. Before we dive into our list of portrait photographers in Singapore, let’s discuss different kinds of Portrait photography.
First, there are family portraits, where the photoshoot is centered around the togetherness of loved ones. Also, photos will highlight the different generations within a family tree. And if you are photographing kids, you can encapsulate those childhood memories with charming portraits of them while they are still young.
Next, there are casual portraits, which capture a person’s genuine essence. Usually, informal portraits involve a relaxed photo session set outside, tapping into that natural sunshine or indoors in a professional studio.
Lastly, there are corporate portraits. With professionally done corporate photos, you will introduce a team of exceptional employees working in your company, so whether it be a large corporation or small business, portraits spotlight the company’s diligent workforce. They also introduce your team to your prospective clientele.
No matter the circumstance, portraits allow a person’s true self to shine through in elegant photos. How the employees present themselves, be in through office wear or casual wear, sets the image of the overall business. By including headshots to your company’s website, it adds a personal, engaging quality to your brand that customers will resonate with.
Tips for Shortlisting a Portrait Photographer in Singapore
With so many options for portrait photography in Singapore, it’s important to know how to choose a portrait photographer. We’ve compiled a few tips to help you narrow down your list of potential portrait photographers.
- First, look through the photographer’s portfolio to see if you like their work. Different photographers will have different styles. The best way to tell if a particular photographer’s style fits with your vision is to look through their portfolio.
- Second, consider your intended portrait setting. Do you want indoor photos or outdoor photos? If you’re doing indoor photos, what kind of backdrop do you want for your photos? When looking for a portrait photographer in Singapore, make sure the photographers on your list even take the types of photos you want to purchase.
- Finally, find out what packages the photographer offers. Some photographers will include services like hair and makeup assistance, printing, or outfit changes. Find out how much it will cost for a portrait package that suits your needs.
These three factors are the most important when you’re making decisions about portrait photography in Singapore. Once you’ve used these parameters to narrow down your list, you can contact photographers to find out more information about their pricing and scheduling.
Looking for Portrait Photographers in Singapore?
We have 70+ fantastic portrait photographers in Singapore, and we will connect you to the most adept photographer for your project. Here are some reviews from customers who recently used our service to find a photographer.
Need to find a professional photographer but don’t know where to start? Have no fear, the folks here at Shutterturf have compiled a list (In no particular order) of great portrait photographers in Singapore.
Boban James is a renowned portrait photographer in Singapore and loves photographing people. He has photographed people from all walks of life- celebrities, corporate high fliers, DJs, creative people, models and fashionistas, musicians, actors, and anyone else who wants to get a memorable portrait taken.
His clients love the process of being photographed by him, because he realizes that getting a photograph taken can be an unnerving process for most people, and he does his best to make them feel comfortable.
He is exceptionally talented at using light to create mood and drama, be it in the studio or out in the natural or urban environment, and loves to delight his clients by capturing interesting facets of their personality through his photography.
His photos have been featured in multiple publications, such as Straits Times, BLLNR magazine, Conde Nast Traveller India, Vogue India, Gulf News, and Entrepreneur Magazine, amongst other publications.
Click here to visit their website
Regarded as one of the best photo studios in Singapore by The Fun Empire, Coco Creative provides professional services for portraits and corporate headshots. Proficient in corporate and commercial photography, photographer Jose Jeuland draws raw emotion from his photos and brings the subject to life.
Using his wealth of experience, he masterfully balances artistic vision and technical expertise in his camera work and creates touching portrait photos. Willing to go the distance for his clients, he is available for local and international photo sessions.
Aside from portrait photography, Coco Creative covers product, interior, and fashion photography as well.
Get quotes from 4-5 professional portrait photographers in Singapore within 1-2 hours and for free! Please tell us about your requirements.
Dressed Up Dreams
Inspired by Chinese culture and art, “Dressed Up Dreams” specialize in Hanfu Portraits, a traditional portraits style. With their creative studio space and camera magic, they aim to transport their clients to a different era.
Every photo package includes hair and makeup services, as well as proper historical attire. They use soft color palettes for their photos to feature tranquil, elegant aesthetics. Previous guests genuinely appreciate the photo session they had at this studio, calling it “fun and enriching experience.” Fall into a magical, time-traveling photoshoot with Dressed Up Dreams.
Get quotes from 4-5 professional portrait photographers in Singapore within 1-2 hours and for free! Please tell us about your requirements.
Meet dynamic duo, Chris and Sam, identical twins with equal enthusiasm for photography. In 2014, the brothers started Digital Negative and embarked on their careers as professional photographers. Later on, at the 2019 International Photography Awards, they won professional advertising in the product and still life category.
Always striving for perfection during any project, their expressive style of photos captivates viewers. Previous clients adore Digital Negative’s work, citing that Chris and Sam are “professional, creative and meticulous in their work,” which is high praise for this pair of photographers. Other than portrait photoshoots, they specialize in product, food, and beverage photography too.
Get quotes from 4-5 professional portrait photographers in Singapore within 1-2 hours and for free! Please tell us about your requirements.
Fueled by his passion for snapping human portraits, Dirgan captures genuine personality in every picture. No matter the occasion, he strives to find the most flattering lighting and angles for all of his photographs.
An outdoor photographer at heart, his specialty is informal portraits with warm natural lighting. With his eye for fashion and detail, he promises to have his clients looking their very best.
Portraits are meant to preserve a person’s attitude and personality in pictures, and with Dirgan as your photographer in Singapore, he will do just that.
Inspired by his love of nature, Andrew Lim initially became interested in underwater photography. At 21 years old, he published his first photography book, Silhouette of Serenity.
As his career grew, he expanded his interest in other genres of photography. Not only are his underwater photos incredible, but his portraitures are also equally as impressive. Using camera magic and his honed skills, he captures a client’s best self in eye-catching headshots. His eye for fashion and unique brand of artistry shines through in all of his work.
Other than spectacular portraits, Drew Perspectives covers event, travel, and boudoir photo sessions as well.
Ten years ago, a group of friends and photo fanatics came together and established a studio. Thus, Infinite Photography was born. Whether you need headshots, half-body shots, or full-body shots, this renowned studio has got you covered.
With a team of passionate and experienced photographers, they are experts at photographing formal portraits for both employees and academics. No stiff and stoic portraits here, these professionals help guide the subject into natural, relaxed poses.
Earning 5-star reviews across the board, clients call this studio “spectacular” and a pleasure to work with. In addition to portraits, Infinite Photography offers wedding photography and professional videography options.
In 2007, this mother of four began her career as a professional photographer and started her own company a few years later. Bringing her enthusiasm and a positive attitude to every photoshoot, Irina is committed to taking brilliant portraits of families and companies.
A storyteller at heart, each of her photos possesses a visual narrative, perfectly capturing a life moment in a single image. Her bright, eye-catching photography style and use of exciting backdrops showcase the subject’s best self.
Aside from portraits, her family and children’s photoshoots are outstanding too. Just take a look at her gorgeous portfolio on her website and Instagram.
After assisting several photographers, Johna quickly learned the ropes and became familiar with the aspects of a professional photoshoot environment. Years later, he opened his studio, Johna Sue Photography, as a photographer and videographer.
Johna, possessing a natural gift of snapping aesthetically pleasing pictures, brings out the best in people. With his keen eye for detail, he is incredibly skilled at adequately lighting and framing a shot. Check out the portfolio on his website to view his top-notch work.
In addition to corporate portraits, he also covers product, interior, and aerial photography shoots and videography services.
Understanding how important personal branding is, Jonty and his team strive to make a powerful statement with their corporate portraits. This group of portrait photographers in Singapore can create a tailor-made experience per their client’s needs.
They aim to create the ideal first impression with their professional portraits at a fully equipped studio space. Once the photoshoot is complete, they offer advanced editing and retouching options, so their guests are looking at their best.
Past customers highly recommend Jonty Photography to others, calling Jonty “the best man for the job.” Aside from portrait photography, this studio covers architecture and event photography services too.
Based in Singapore, Juliana has worked as a photographer and director across China and South East Asia. Throughout her career, her photography work has been featured in many major publications, such as the New York Times, Forbes Asia, and Ink Global.
Not only are her portraits sensational, but she has also been involved in the editorial and commercial photography field. Juliana, drawing from her skills as a filmmaker, tells a person’s life story through color and composition. Sometimes opting for a wide shot, she lets the background accentuate the character of a subject, adding another level to the visual narrative.
Established in 2002, Kwang Photography initially began providing wedding and event photography packages. A few years later, in 2011, their studio was set up in Serangoon Road, and their professional photography services expanded.
Now, they have become highly experienced in taking corporate portraits and headshots for company websites. Balancing technique with creative flexibility, Kwang Photography keeps a brand’s signature look in mind when photographing corporate headshots.
Open to collaborating with guests, photo sessions can be held in their studio at the client’s location or any outdoor location, including overseas appointments.
For over ten years, Lumiere Photography has been shining a spotlight on people’s stunning portraits and professional headshots. At this studio, the team of photographers have honed their skills and developed a talent for snapping photos at the right moment.
Sharing a passion for photography, they approach each assignment with finesse and artistry. At Lumiere, this group of creatives encapsulates a moment in time through their brilliant portraits.
In their fantastic multi-disciplinary studio, they also cover family, interior and food photography, and videography services.
Next, meet photographer Matthew of Portrait Gallery, with over 20 years of experience under his belt. His eye for detail and professionalism is what allows him to produce the best photos for his guests.
With a team of skilled portrait photographers in Singapore, this studio’s specialty is awesome graduation and family portraits. By using simplistic backgrounds, these photographers make the person the main focus of the image. Past customers couldn’t recommend this studio any higher.
One client praised how “professional and creative” the photographers at Portrait Gallery were. As a one-stop service for all your portrait needs, view the photo gallery on their website to see their work.
Interested in photography from a young age, Suasti has been honing her camera skills since only fifteen years old. Involved in the recent Dove Camera Confidence campaign, she finds the natural beauty of people of all shapes and sizes.
With a dynamic, candid photography style, her timeless photos capture the genuine spirit of a person. Suasti has been showered with five-star reviews. One past client wrote, “Suasti is a delight to work with, and I can highly recommend her if you need an amazing photographer.” Head over to her website to see Suasti Lye’s incredible portfolio for yourself.
For over eight years, Theresa has been working as a portrait photographer in both London and Singapore. Theresa has won several international awards, and her work has been recognized by many photographer associations, like the Guild of Photographers, SWPP and the National Photographic Society.
With expertise in family centered shoots, her heartwarming children and group portraits will bring a smile to anyone’s face. At her studio, the space is filled with props, backdrops, and an extensive wardrobe of outfits for infants and moms-to-be.
When she’s not shooting portraits, she’s also involved in maternity and newborn photo sessions. Check out her blog and website to view her gorgeous pictures.
One of the most remarkable portrait photographers in Singapore, Jaden will take attention-grabbing portraits of anyone, whether they be family members or staff members.
Want to have delightful portrait shots of your children while they are still little? You are in luck, this family-oriented photographer is fantastic with kids and captures the spirit of youth in darling photos.
Jaden also does exceptional corporate headshots for all of your professional needs. Showcase your amazing team with bold corporate portraits. No matter if it’s company headshots or family portraits, Jaden is a fabulous portrait photographer. Check out his fantastic gallery on Shutterturf.
Next, meet Ken, one of the best corporate portrait photographers in Singapore. Offering premium photography and videography services, he has access to a professional studio and can provide proper lighting and backdrops for all your portrait needs.
The majority of his clients continue to adore his exceptional work. Ken continually strives for excellence and high-quality images in all of his projects. Rest assured, your portrait will look elegant and eye-catching, no matter the occasion.
Whether you are looking for corporate headshots or casual portraits, contact Ken to capture your truest self in striking portraits.
In 2004, Ray discovered his love of photography and has been honing his camera skills ever since. Featuring his sophisticated yet simple photography style, he holds a natural talent for turning still life photos into works of art.
Every portrait he photographs has an impressive, dramatic quality to them, letting a person’s essence radiate through the image itself. Since his specialty is corporate portrait photoshoots, count on him to take incredible photos of you or your team.
For corporate portrait photographers in Singapore, be sure to check out his profile on Shutterturf.
Bambini Photo is a Singapore based portrait photography company focusing on corporate and graduation style photos. Their headshots provide clean, crisp images that highlight their clients in a professional and sound setting.
Bambini Photo focuses on the importance of having up-to-date photos that represent your personality as a professional.
Bambini also has a high affinity for personal portrait photographers who pride their work in preserving lifelong memories. The company started as a family and children portrait photography studio in Singapore and has since expanded to include portraits in maternity, corporate, and graduation photography.
The company offers three studio spaces with their privately owned studio space, optimized for client use.
Cici McCalman, founder and head portrait photographer at Bamboo Shoots, is known as the Singapore fine art photographer. The studio specializes in portrait photography, including family, babies, kids, maternity, boudoir, etc.
Cici curated her iconic portrait photograph style by incorporating learnings from fine art and her studies in Paris. She is known for her bright aesthetic, focusing on a balance of lighting, textures, and whitespace to establish her signature look. The photography themes are delicate and romantic, but unique.
Cici prides her work on her ability to connect with clients. The boutique nature of Bamboo Shoots allows for limited booking availability to give Cici time to get to know her clients on a personal level, ultimately resulting in amazing portraits.
The studio also features props from across North American and Europe to provide a custom look to every portrait that can’t be achieved anywhere else.
Bespoke Photography is a leading portrait photography studio in Singapore. Their vast portfolio covers a wide variety of photography spanning family, corporate, events, fashion, food, graduation, product, pet, wedding, etc.
Bespoke’s team of portrait photographers adopt a crisp style and an invaluable skillset, allowing them to adapt to any client and setting to produce the strongest work. Their client testimonials speak to this skillset, with clients noting their professionalism and efficiency.
The photography company has been covered across countless notable blogs and websites where their work has been highlighted. Upon reviewing Bespoke’s portfolio, you’ll note the photographers’ ability to capture engaging images filled with emotion.
Their photoshoots with children portray excitement and joy, corporate photography highlights the personality behind traditional photos, and wedding shots illustrate a new beginning’s delicacy.
Principal Photographer Terran Tang founded Exxposures Photography. The company specializes in portrait photography and is considered a renowned studio in Singapore, focusing on portraits, corporate, editorial, lifestyle, events, etc.
Exposures exemplify the ability to capture each subject in a personal way, using their skill set to pull out personality traits right through the print. The photographers work effortlessly to build connections with clients that allow for emotions, mannerisms, and personality traits to appear through the screen. Lead photographer, Terran is big on perspective, and it can be seen.
Besides personal portraits, Exxposures also offers corporate portrait photography in Singapore for individual and team needs. The output is crisp, clean, and LinkedIn ready.
Firefly Photography is a photography studio in Singapore, focusing on family portraits, weddings, events, and photo booths. The studio comprises a team of portrait photographers with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
Their goal is to document life’s moments as they happen, whether it be a wedding, graduation, birthday, or other special occasion or milestone. Firefly offers both in the studio and on-location photoshoots and has currently worked with over 3,000 families in Singapore to document the joyful moments of life.
Firefly’s style is bright, colorful, and saturation. Their images evoke positive and joyful emotions, capturing their clients in the best light. Firefly’s work style is directly aligned to their mission of “Building Bonds, Glowing Moments.”
J Studio is a photography studio specializing in corporate photographs. With over 20 years of experience, the team prides itself on connecting with clients to help tell their stories.
The studio focuses on corporate photography, including portrait photography and staged shoots for branded lifestyle content. J Studio’s portfolio spans many categories, including lifestyle, fashion, food, product corporate, and more.
J Studio has an impressive client roster with brands such as American Express, Capitaland, Shell, and more. Thinking about working with Singapore photography studio, J Studio, the company offers free consultations so you can have a piece of mind.
JWalking Studio is a creative studio covering a multitude of services.JWalking is the master of portrait photography, but they also offer several commercial and event services in Singapore.
Their style is high fashion and upscale, with each image being highly stylized. What makes JWalking unique is that they have the advanced ability to replicate their style in all avenues, whether it’s a wedding or a product fashion shoot, which speaks volumes to their art direction.
On the commercial side of JWalking’s services, you’ll note high fashion brands featuring products at the forefront of images. Their unique style allows them to capture editorial content compellingly and persuasively.
JWalking also has a big affinity for nightlife photography, an exciting addition that broadens their experience beyond Singapore’s typical photography studio.
Pixel Musica is a creative production company with offerings including portrait photography, videography, UX/UI design, etc. They offer corporate, personal, and social purpose creative services for clients. Pixel Musica services many brands but keeps truth, storylines, and strong visuals as their backbone.
Pixel Musica’s photographers, in particular, use their skillset to help tell their story in many different ways, whether it’s highlighting a company founder via portrait photography, documenting a moment-in-time with eye-catching event photography, crafting unique and targeted company stock images, or bringing a product to life via product photography.
Additionally, the company’s personal photography brings moments to life by documenting candid moments with family photography, wedding, portrait photography, and more.
Most notably, the company has a strong social purpose message to help those in need via their services. They offer nonprofits and charitable organizations access to their team of professional creatives and equipment to produce compelling messaging to help tell the story of their cause and raise awareness.
Skai Chan Photography
Skai Chan is a freelance portrait photographer based in Singapore. Skai’s specialties are in portrait photography, event photography, and interior photography.
His vision seeks to make his clients feel beautiful through boudoir photography, themed photoshoots, dance, and swimwear. The majority of Skai’s portrait photography is sexy, highlighting his clients’ natural beauty.
Skai’s clients speak very highly of him, mentioning his professionalism, advanced skillset in customer service, and client art direction. Skai’s work features in-studio photoshoots as well as on-location photography in Singapore and surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for advanced portrait photography in Singapore who will boost your confidence through his work, Skai Chan is not one to be missed.
White Room Studio
White Room Studio is a premier photography studio that focuses on portraits of all kinds, including personal, family, children, graduation, maternity, bridal, etc.
The studio’s motto is “life is a book of stories,” which they convey through their ability to tell stories with their photos. Their bright aesthetic focuses on bringing out the joyful moments in life, and the strong connection between the client and photographer are inadmissible on screen.
The studio focuses on natural lighting, comfortable in-studio experience, and minimal props. Their strategy is to pull out the natural synergy of clients’ behavior, whether they are on a solo photoshoot or engaged with family members.
Recently voted best of Singapore Portrait Photography Studio, the company boasts 11 years of experience with nearly 8,000 photoshoots completed. They have also been featured in several media and blog articles, including Harper’s Bazaar, and have been awarded Best Photographer in Singapore by Tatler for 4 years running since 2017.
Zainal & Zainal
Zainal & Zainal is a creative studio specializing in corporate portrait photography in Singapore. They offer personal branding photoshoots for both individuals and companies.
They also feature commercial marketing photoshoots to create highly produced commercial imagery. Zainal offers on-location photography, where they seek to capture their clients’ in the most natural way.
Their impressive client list includes the Taste of Bali, Gypsied, and Manulife. Upon taking a look at their portfolio, you can gather that Zainal & Zainal prides themselves in details and can bring client stories to life through candid style shots.
The studio is led by founder Zakaria Zainal, who grew his skillset as a documentary creator. He has been involved in impactful work, including documenting the histories of people who lived on the islands of Southern Singapore. Zakaria has since moved away from traditional documentary work to focus on his business, and it doesn’t disappoint.
Managing Expectations & Communicating Vision
When you’re looking for portrait photography in Singapore, it’s important to manage your expectations. If you’re looking for a certain style of work, find a photographer whose portfolio shows similar work.
Below are some questions you can ask to help you manage your expectations:
- How much will it cost to get what I want?
- How quickly can I expect to see my pictures after the photo shoot?
- How do I order prints?
- Will the digital photos have watermarks on them? Will I be able to get them printed from someone beside the photographer?
To get the best results from your portrait photo shoot, it’s important that you clearly communicate your vision with your photographer. Below are a few tips for communicating your vision:
- Ask your photographer how poses will be determined. If you have particular poses in mind, be sure to mention them to your photographer.
- Use existing photos to communicate your vision. If you can use their own photos to show them what you want, it’s even better. Share what photos you like and what it is you like about them.
Studio Portraits vs. Outdoor Portraits
Studio portraits and outdoor portraits are both great options for having your personal or family portraits done. Each type of portrait has its own pros and cons.
Studio portraits are portraits that are taken in the photographer’s studio, often with a backdrop. Electric lighting provides options that you may not have in an outdoor setting.
- Weather doesn’t impact portraits
- Photographer has more control over lighting
- Indoor temperatures may be more comfortable and convenient
- Studios offer privacy
- Indoor space allows room for changing and putting on makeup
- An enclosed space may be more family friendly
- Indoor backdrops may feel more artificial
- Backgrounds are limited to the photographer’s backdrop options
Outdoor portraits are photos that are taken outside or in another public environment. These photos can be taken in any place that allows photos to be taken, allowing more creativity in the photo shoot.
- Backgrounds are not limited to what the photographer has on hand
- Outdoor photos offer different options for lighting
- Photos may have a more natural look
- There is the option to do your portraits in a meaningful location
- Bad weather may force venue changes
- Unexpected crowds can ruin photos
- Lighting cannot be controlled by the photographer
What to Wear for Your Portrait Shoot
What you wear and how your hair and makeup are done can make a huge difference in the quality of your portrait photos. What should you be prepared to wear when getting portrait photography in Singapore?
For all photos shoots, you should:
- Wear solid colors. Solid colors are easier to photograph and will be easier for your photographer to edit. Busy patterns, logos, and other distracting clothing can take away from the overall quality of your portrait photos.
- Wear dark colors. If you want to look slimmer, wear darker colors. You can always add a pop of color with your accessories (like a scarf, your tie, or jewelry).
- Wear properly fitted clothes. Your clothes should not be too big nor too small and should be in good repair. It’s important to wear clothing that you fit in comfortably.
For a professional shoot, it’s important to wear clothing that is nicer than casual wear. Professional shoots may be less formal that corporate photo shoots.
Ladies should wear a solid-colored blouse with slacks or a solid-colored dress. Their outfit should be nicer than day-to-day clothing, but may not need to be as formal as office wear.
Men should wear a solid-colored polo shirt. Although button-up shirts are also appropriate, the texture of polo shirts photographs better than their button-up counterparts. Men can dress more casual than they would dress for a corporate shoot, but should still be dressed up.
For a corporate shoot, it’s important that each employee wears clothing that fits the image the company wants to project. If your company employees frequently wear suits and other casual wear, they should wear something similar for their portraits.
Ladies should wear solid-colored blouses and an appropriate suit jacket. For a coordinated corporate shoot, all employees should choose from a similar palette (all greens or all blues, for example).
Men should wear button-up tops, a suit jacket, and ties. It’s important that their ties do not have exceptionally distracting patterns or colors that don’t fit with the company’s desired look.
Individuals in casual shoots should wear clothing that photographs well. They should wear solid colors and clothing that is in good repair. If the photo shoot is outside, dress in layers. Bring alternate outfits if you’re unsure about how something will look in photographs.
A casual photoshoot offers flexibility that a professional or corporate photo shoot may not offer. When in doubt about a piece, ask for your photographer’s opinion. They may have tips to help you wear clothing that will make you feel comfortable and confident.
How to Make Sure Your Photo Shoot Goes Smoothly
Although you cannot prepare for every situation, there are steps you can take to make sure that everything goes smoothly on the day of the shoot. As you prepare for your photo shoot, take the following steps to minimize the impact of obstacles.
- Step 1: Make sure you know the date, time, and location of your photoshoot. Your photographer should let you know when you should arrive for your photos. Make sure to save the time and date on your phone, along with any other information you’ll need for the day of the shoot. Once you know the date and time, make sure to schedule enough time to travel to and from the photoshoot. If you are late for your photoshoot, you may lose valuable time.
- Step 2: Sign a contract and make sure deposits are paid in advance. Most photographers will require you to sign a contract before reserving a time and date for your photoshoot. Make sure that you’ve signed all of the necessary contracts and paid your deposits before the day of the photoshoot. When you pay in advance, you won’t have to worry about payment on the day of your photo shoot. This way, declined payment will not prevent you from having your portraits taken.
- Step 3: Select your outfit or outfits ahead of time. You should know in advance what you plan to wear on the day of your photo shoot. If your portraits will involve an outfit change, plan each individual outfit, down to the accessories. Make sure that your outfits are not only selected but ready for the day of the photoshoot. Clothing should be clean and free of damage. To minimize the opportunity for spills, try not to eat in your outfit before the photo shoot.
- Step 4: Prepare your hair care and makeup supplies. Determine what hair and makeup products you’ll need to prepare for your photo shoot. If you’re doing your own makeup, make sure you pack all of the supplies you’ll need, including mirrors. Although the photographer’s studio may have a space for you to do your makeup, it’s better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. If your makeup is being done by someone else at the studio, make sure your makeup artist knows what style of makeup you want for your photoshoot.
- Step 5: Plan poses for your photoshoot. It’s important that you know in advance exactly what photos you want to have taken. You may not plan every pose, but you should have an idea of what poses you want for your portrait photos. The overall vision and direction of the photoshoot should be determined in advance.
- Step 6: Arrive early. You should arrive early so you have plenty of time to change, do your hair and makeup, and arrange final details with your photographer. If you’re late to your photoshoot, you may miss out on the time you’ve already paid for.
- Step 7: Change quickly between outfits. To maximize the time you have for your photoshoot, you should change your outfits as quickly as possible. It may help to choose outfits you know you can change in and out of quickly. One way to cut down on time spent changing is to dress in layers and use accessories to your benefit. Accessories can be quickly changed without the need for privacy. A few small changes can change the overall look of your photoshoot outfit.
- Step 8: Take note of important information from your photographer. Make sure you have a place to put your copy of the contract and any other information your photographer provides. You should make note of when you can expect to see your photos. Make sure you have contact information for your photographer in case photos are taking longer than expected to be delivered. Your photographer will work with you to resolve any issues you might have with your portrait photo shoot.
- Step 9: Make sure to review your photographer online. This won’t help you with your photo shoot, but your honest review will help provide future customers with the information they need when making a decision about portrait photographers.
What is a family portrait?
A family portrait is a photo taken of members of the nuclear or extended family. These photos are often displayed or saved to share a family’s heritage. For families with young children, regular family photos can show how the family has grown or changed over time. Family studio portraits are taken by professional photographers in their studio location.
Why are family portraits important?
Family portraits are important for several reasons.
- First, family portraits document growth. This can be the aging and growth of each member of the family, but also the growth over time of a family that is still expanding. For young families, regular family portraits show each new addition to the family.
- Second, family portraits allow families to relive memories. Not only will they relive the memories of having the photos taken, but they’ll be able to relive the memories from that period of their lives.
- Third, family portraits are a good way to show off your family. Family members often have family portraits in their home or on their desk. These photos are an easy way to show off members of the family, even if the person is not nearby.
- Finally, family portraits leave us with something when the worst happens. When a loved one passes away, the family portraits leave us with something of that person. While we never want to think of the worst happening, having portraits can be a comfort when we miss our loved ones who have passed on.
Where can I get family portraits taken in Singapore?
There are lots of photography studios in Singapore that offer family portrait photography. If you want to get a family portrait in Singapore, search for portrait studios near you. Once on the photographer’s website, determine whether or not they do family portraits.
Once you’ve compiled a short list of photographers near you that offer family portraits, look at each photographer’s portfolio. By viewing their previous work, you can best determine if their style fits the vision you have for your family’s photos.
How much do family portraits cost?
If you’re looking for a family portrait studio in Singapore, the price you pay will depend upon the particular studio and the package you choose. If you’re purchasing several photos with different poses and outfits, the price of your family studio portraits can increase.
Some studios in Singapore offer family portrait packages for as low as $99. It’s important to remember that the cost of the portraits may not include the price of prints, framing, and other add-ons. To find out exactly what is included in your photography package, ask your chosen photographer.
How to Prepare for Family Portraits
Preparing for your family portrait session will have some differences from preparing for an individual portrait. Below are a few tips for preparing for your family portrait in Singapore.
- First, you should plan outfits for each family member. While matching outfits can be visually appealing, you do not need to match for your family portrait. Family members should wear coordinating colors. To prepare for your photoshoot, make sure each person in your family knows what they’re going to wear. It may help to set out the outfits the night before to make sure everything is clean and ready for portraits. The outfits should be comfortable. Unfamiliar clothing may not be a good idea for young children.
- Second, your family members should be ready to be posed. If you have specific poses in mind, it may help to run through getting into those poses before the day of your family studio portraits. If the photographer will be helping pose family members, make sure your children are ready to have strangers around them.
- Finally, make sure everyone is rested and well-fed before portraits. As far as it is in your control, make sure your children are rested and fed before the photo shoot. If the children are eating right before the portraits, make sure they are not eating in their photo shoot outfits.
Each of these skilled portrait photographers in Singapore would do a fabulous job taking portrait shots. You, your employees, or your loved ones won’t regret taking portraits to share with everyone or to keep as a personal memento.
No matter the age, anyone can join in the art of portraiture. Interested in having your portrait taken by one of these portrait photographers in Singapore? Book a photo session with any of the talented photographers mentioned on our list and let them work their camera magic.
Want to know about some of the awesome photography studios in Singapore? Check out our list of the top 35 photo studios located in Singapore.