When wedding bells begin to ring, say “I do” to wedding photography in Singapore because your wedding day is one of the most momentous occasions in your entire life. It’s the start of a brand new chapter for you and your significant other. Bottle up those precious moments with professionally done photos you will treasure forever.
By working with an experienced photographer, their lovely snapshots will preserve your wedding day memories in vivid detail. From your wedding attire to your first kiss as husband and wife, every aspect of your marriage ceremony will be covered in gorgeous photos taken by a professional. And once the photo session is complete, you will receive a wedding album full of incredible shots you will treasure forever.
Table of Contents
What to ask a wedding photographer
Here is a detailed breakdown of all the questions you need to ask wedding photographers in Singapore before settling on the one you want:
- How long have you been doing wedding photography in Singapore?
- How many weddings have you shot?
- Is my wedding date available for you?
- How many weddings have you booked on the same day as my wedding date?
- How many weeks/months in advance do I need to book you?
- Have you ever done a photoshoot for a wedding that is similar to mine in size and style?
Determining their photography style
- What is your photography style? How would you describe it?
- Do you shoot weddings in digital, film, or other formats?
- Do you specialize in indoor or outdoor events?
- If the photographer’s style is mostly formal, will you still get candid, natural photos?
- If the photographer’s style is mostly formal, will you still get formal, posed photos?
- Can I see an updated portfolio with examples of full weddings?
- Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like?
Taking care of the logistics
- Will you be the photographer shooting my wedding? If not, can I meet the photographer who will be shooting my wedding?
- Do you work with assistants?
- What type of equipment do you use? Do you have backup equipment?
- If you are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason, is there a backup plan just in case?
- Do you have other events you need to photograph on the same day as mine?
- How will you be dressed on my wedding day?
- Is it OK for other people to take photos while you are working?
- Have you ever worked at my specific venue before? Do you plan to visit it in advance just to check it out?
- What time will you arrive at the ceremony?
- How long will you shoot once the ceremony starts?
- Will you stay if my wedding takes longer than planned?
- Is there an additional charge if you have to stay longer than planned?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How much deposit do you require?
- When is the deposit due?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your refund policy?
- Do you charge a travel fee? What does that cover?
- Could you explain your packages to me?
- Do you provide photo retouching and correction services?
- How long after the wedding will I get the proofs?
- How many final images will I receive?
- How long after the wedding will I get the pictures?
- What is the ordering process?
Other questions to ask
- May I have a list of referees I could talk to?
- Why should I pick you over other wedding photographers?
- Once I hire you, when do I receive a written contract?
- What do you need from me before the wedding date?
Questions to ask yourself
- Do you like the photographer’s personality?
- Does their work make you feel connected to the pictures?
- Are you comfortable with their customer service style?
- Were they a good listener? Did they address all your concerns?
- Are they within your budget?
- Are they receptive to your suggestions?
Tips on shortlisting a wedding photographer in Singapore
Wedding photos are one of the few things in your wedding that you won’t be able to see or sample first before getting it. Therefore, you have to be very careful about how you shortlist wedding photographers in Singapore to avoid disappointments.
Here are a few tips to help you ensure that you only shortlist the best talent for your wedding:
- Settle on a style for your wedding photography in Singapore first. You have to do this even before you begin researching photographers. Deciding on the style you want will help you narrow down your list of photographers you’d like to work with.
- Make a list of potential photographers and start doing your research on them. Look at their portfolios online and read their reviews from previous clients. Do not forget to check their Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
- Call and set up face-to-face interviews. Let them know that you like their work and confirm that they are available on your wedding date. Be prepared to talk about the kind of style you were hoping to get. If possible, bring along a few of your favorite photos from your research so they can see what you are looking for.
- Ask to see a few full wedding albums. When photogra[hers set up their online portfolios, they carefully select their best work, usually from different weddings. This won’t give you a full picture of what you can expect. Therefore, you want to ask to see at least two sample full wedding albums to understand better what the final product might look like.
- When you look through their portfolio or album, do so with a critical eye. You want to look for moments that you want to be captured in your wedding. How well did they capture those moments? Did they capture the emotions of the guests as well? Also, look at the images’ quality, including their crispness, composition, lighting, etc.
- Make sure that you like the photographer you choose to work with. Your personalities should match. They should be excited by your vision, just like you are. Are they respectful to you? How are they making suggestions? Do they have certain mannerisms that bother you? Your photographer will be shadowing you for a whole day. You need to be comfortable around them.
- Compare different packages. Get quotes from other photographers that you like. What stands out in each of their packages? Compare them, then go for the one that is within your budget.
- Find out what your rights to the photos are. Most wedding photographers in Singapore have contracts that stipulate that they own all the rights to the photos taken at your wedding. Some of them have a policy that you can only share watermarked images. Ensure that you understand what your rights are, and if you want something different, negotiate it before the day of the wedding.
- Find out how long you’ll have to wait for post-production. It is not uncommon for you to have to wait up to 6 weeks after a wedding photoshoot in Singapore to get the finished pieces. If there is anything else you need to know before you get the finished work (rights, resolution, number of images, prints, and so on), your photographer will explain this at this stage.
What are Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding Photoshoots?
Pre-wedding photography has become all the rage in recent years. This kind of photoshoot happens months before the actual day. Unlike the traditional engagement photoshoot, couples wear their wedding outfits during the photo session. Specifically for destination pre-wedding shoots, couples can also select any location for a relaxed shoot, without all the hecticness that comes with the wedding.
Then, there is the actual day of the wedding. No matter the size of the event, a photographer will cover everything, from preparations to the ceremony to the reception. All of those special moments like reciting vows, cutting the cake, and first dance will be documented in beautiful pictures.
How much does professional wedding photography cost?
It depends on the studio and what package you select. Some professional services include touch-ups and editing, to guarantee your photos look picture perfect.
The average price range for wedding photo services varies. Some photographers can charge anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. Generally speaking, professional wedding photos are priced at around $1400 to $3000.
If you plan a destination photoshoot, you must factor in travel expenses into the overall budget. While this might seem expensive to some, you are paying for top-notch quality photos to memorialize the happiest day of your life. And the majority of brides and grooms that choose wedding photography do not regret having a skilled photographer cover their wedding day.
Wedding photographers in Singapore
Without further due, here is a list of some of the most talented wedding photographers in the country. Please note that we have organized this list in no particular order
Charles Sng from aMusephotographer is a notable wedding photographer in Singapore and he focuses on 2 things: to provide the best photography experience and produce the best pictures that clients will treasure for many years to come.
In 10 years, he has received 40 international awards/titles (including Top 100 Photographer in the Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalist Association in 2016 & 2020, 1st Position in the International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers for Love & Emotion category 2019, and Top 50 Photographer in Lifestyle Photographer Association 2019).
Even after numerous features and rave reviews later, Charles still believes in what he does despite the cutthroat competition in today’s photography business and continues to thrive, thanks to his commitment to his craft and the good relationship he has built with his clients.
Click here to visit their website.
Book aMusephotographer or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Chris Chang Photography
Check out creative director Chris Chang and the rest of his awesome team of photographers at Chris Chang Photography. Working as wedding photographers for years and collaborating with engaged clients, they understand the importance of preserving those unforgettable wedding memories in breathtaking images.
They have traveled to Austria, Hokkaido and New Zealand simply to be there for a pre-wedding photoshoot for their clients. After having a memorable photo session with Chris Chang Photography, married couples are showering this great studio with five-star reviews.
In addition to wedding photography, they also cover casual lifestyle couple shoots and fun family photoshoots.
Click here to visit their website.
Book Chris Chang or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Korea Artiz Studio
Korea Artiz Studio photographers worldwide have been carefully selected and rigorously trained for their roles, amassing at least 4 years of theory study and an additional 3 years of practical attachment to a professional studio in Korea under their belts before their start as a certified wedding photographer.
Cho Se Jeong (Sally), Korea Artiz Studio master photographer in Singapore, holds over 15 years of experience in Korean-style photography. With these strict standards of professionalism, couples can expect to have their most beautiful moments captured in the most ethereal and genuine frames.
Book Korea Artiz Studio or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Vincent Tay Photography
Vincent is a wedding photographer in Singapore who has a strong belief in genuine emotions and timeless portraits—providing wedding photography since 2012, full time in 2017.
He has photographed an average of 100 couples every year. His photography services include actual day wedding photography, Singapore pre-wedding photography, and maternity and family portraits. His style of work is a combination of photojournalism & lifestyle photograph.
With his composition style, lighting, and capture of expressions at the right timing, he always strives to bring visual and emotional impact to the viewers in his photography. Vincent is also an award-winning photographer in Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA), who reserves membership to select photographers around the world whose portfolios and practices demonstrate talent, expertise and client service in wedding photojournalism.
Book Vincent Tay or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Vera Morgana Photography
NItisha from Vera Morgana photography is a wedding photographer in Singapore, known for her exceptional style of shooting a wedding, making it a lifetime memory for you. She has excellent expertise in shooting traditional weddings, yet she shoots the usual classics as well. Moreover, considering her for your pre-wedding shoot is also a good idea.
With her distinctive style and vision, she can make your little moments memorable forever. Light and location are the two significant factors that can change the game, and yes, she yearns for these two things to be perfect.
Other than wedding photography, she also offers pre-wedding and portrait photoshoot services as well. Her relaxed style helps her to click super classy shots naturally.
Book Vera Morgana or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Mike Chen Photography
With all the emotions and anxiety that your wedding day brings, you’ll need a photographer who will comfortably work with you to ensure your story is well told; and this is where Mike Chen Photography comes in handy. As a professional wedding photographer in Singapore, he aims to preserve your treasurable personal moments and give you the chance to reminisce on them in the years to come.
Whether it’s your pre-wedding or actual wedding, having Mike Chen as your photographer will give you an exceptional and enjoyable experience. If you are a photophobic couple or shy, don’t fret; as a professional, he will make you feel very comfortable as he captures all the moments so beautifully.
Mike Chen strives to ensure couples are relaxed because he believes as an experienced professional, having an eye for detail is key in bringing out the best shots. Further, there will never be a dull moment, and you’ll have lots of fun and love all the candid moments on your once-in-a-lifetime event.
Book Mike Chen Photography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Meet Jacob James, the man behind Jacob’s Artography, a wedding photography service in Singapore. What started off as a hobby turned into a passion and became a full-time career. Jacob’s Artography has been serving its clients since 2016. His photography services include actual wedding day photography and pre-wedding photography in Singapore.
Jacob is an award-winning photographer by some renowned organizations such as “Fearless”, “This Is Reportage” and “AsiaWPA”. He has made a place for himself in the Top 100 Inspiration photographers of 2020. His photography approach is documentary wedding photography, and his works usually feature natural and unscripted photographs, but his portrait shots are just as equally beautiful.
Book Jacob’s Artography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
A Merry Moment
For almost five years, Petrina and Leon from “A Merry Moment” have been photographing happy couples the day of their marriage ceremony. This brilliant studio offers pre-wedding and actual day shoots as well as cinematography options.
Past clients have lived happily ever after with the wedding albums they have received from A Merry Moment. Praised for their insight and professionalism, some newlyweds claim that working with photographers from this studio was one of the best decisions of their lives.
The team of wedding photographers that make up A Merry Moment does an extraordinary job capturing the emotions of a momentous occasion.
Book A Merry Moment Photography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
As a professional photographer for several years, Joe Teng of Acapella Photography has worked with hundreds of happy couples and is considered to be a master of wedding photography in Singapore.
His elegant and romantic photography style will take your breath away. He draws out the newlyweds’ genuine personalities and love for one another in his remarkable snapshots. His close up shots of wedding bands and small details are just as beautiful as his full-length portraits of the bride and groom.
With his keen eye for detail, Joe Teng of Acapella Photography will have you singing with joy from his outstanding work.
Book Acapella Photography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Passionate about creating camera magic, Han from Allureweddings is another fabulous wedding photographer. Ever since he was a teenager, he has been involved in wedding photography, starting with carrying lighting equipment for his father’s crew at age thirteen.
Now, with eleven years as a professional photographer under his belt, his photography skills are undeniable. After being involved with over 900 weddings, Han’s incredible insight into the wedding industry is invaluable. For five years in a row, Allureweddings has been voted the ‘best of Singapore’ by the Singapore Tatler.
Established as a prominent photography studio, they provide a variety of services, like pre-wedding, solemnization and wedding day photoshoots.
Book Allureweddings or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Andri Tei Photography
What started as a side job for a struggling engineer student has turned into a full-fledged photography career. For almost a decade, Andri Tei of Andri Tei Photography has been a part of many wedding celebrations, capturing genuine emotions of the big day in beautiful photos.
Newlyweds that worked with Andri were impressed by his photography skills, his interesting camera angles, and versatility as a wedding photographer. His intimate, candid photography style is showcased in his pre-wedding shoots and actual day wedding photos.
Take a look at their Instagram and portfolio on their website to see what happy clients are talking about.
Book Andri Tei or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
For several years, Annabel Law Productions has covered over 600 weddings and photographed many happy couples. Featuring one of the largest, all-female photography teams in the country, this phenomenal studio has expanded its business to Guangzhou, China.
Recognized for their outstanding photography talent, they have been featured in articles for Vulcan Post, Youth.Sg, and Yahoo!. While collaborating with clients, they provide individualized care to create a one-of-a-kind photo package. Check out their blog and photo gallery to view their exceptional work.
Other than amazing wedding photography in Singapore, their editing team does a superb retouching job on all of the images selected by the newlyweds. Also, Annabel Law Productions handle pre-wedding and engagement photoshoots too.
Book Annabel Law or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Another place for wedding photography in Singapore is Antelope Studios. Their mission is to tell love stories through romantic visuals. Just look at their Instagram and portfolio on their website to view their outstanding photographs.
In 2018, this studio was voted Best of Singapore in Wedding Photography by Singapore Tatler. Previous clients have praised Antelope Studios for the fantastic snapshots of their marriage ceremony. One couple considered this team to be “reliable, trustworthy & competent photographers”, a high honor in the wedding photography world.
Apart from actual day photoshoots, they also cover destination pre-wedding shoots as well as maternity portraits.
Book Antelope Studios or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Meet Jack Zhang of Bokelicious Photography. For ten years, he and his fellow photographers have been dedicated to documenting the special day in one’s love story.
At an affordable rate for professional services, this studio will be there every step of the couple’s journey down the aisle, snapping timeless pictures along the way. Jack’s romantic, endearing brand of photos will melt anyone’s heart. Past clients have deemed his camera work as “awesome” and compliment his friendly, engaging personality during the photoshoot.
Other than wedding photography, Bokelicious Photography provides birthday party photo sessions, family portraits, and corporate event photography packages too.
Book Bokelicious Photography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Bv Wedding Photography
If you are looking for spectacular wedding photography in Singapore, look no further than BV Wedding Photography. Available for both local and overseas photoshoots, the photographers from this premier studio specialize in pre-wedding and actual day wedding photos.
Each picture taken by BV Wedding displays a brilliant and charming design. Throughout their careers as professional photographers, they have traveled to different countries, like France, Greece, and Indonesia, to be there to photograph happy couples on their wedding day.
With years of experience, Bv Wedding photography offers extensive knowledge of the wedding industry in any project they are involved with.
Book Bv Wedding Photography or similar wedding photographer in Singapore. Check out all wedding photography packages here.
Align your vision with the photographer for the best results
A wedding photoshoot in Singapore is an extraordinary moment for you and your partner. You probably want everything to go as perfectly as you had planned.
Unfortunately, it is very rare for things to go perfectly without a single hitch all day. Therefore, you need to manage your expectations about the kind of pictures you are going to get from your wedding photographer.
Align your vision with your photographers by talking to them about exactly what you want (poses, angles, and so on) and how to achieve them. Here are a few tips to help you do that:
- What are some poses and moments you’d like to be captured? How would you achieve this? A great place to start would be to share your wedding day’s itinerary with your photographer. If you want them to capture a few moments with the bridesmaids before the ceremony, you want to make sure that they are around for that. A large part of quality wedding photography in Singapore is about being prepared and anticipating what’s going to happen throughout the day, whether things go according to plan or not.
- What quantities and quality should you expect from them? Wedding photographers in Singapore will have different wedding photography packages. Make sure you fully understand what you should expect from your session to avoid any problems down the road.
- Style and approach expectations: every wedding photoshoot in Singapore has its own style that is heavily influenced by the photographer’s approach to the project. Have a detailed discussion with them about this before the shoot to avoid tensions and missed expectations.
- What should they focus on in the photographs? Do you want more candid pictures of the day’s events or should there be a clear focus on you and your partner? How about the guests? Ask these questions and get your answers well before the shoot.
- Are there any special requirements that they expect from you? You want to be on the same page with them and provide everything they need to do their job well.
Photography package – what all should be included.
Wedding photography in Singapore will usually come with packages that include some combination of the following:
Day’s photography coverage
The number of hours that the photographer will be on site will vary from studio to studio. However, the length of time that they spend with you will affect the price.
If there will be a second photographer on site, expect the costs to go up. You can assume that the second photographer will be there for the same amount of time as the main photographer.
Pre-wedding photoshoot session
Pre-weddings in Singapore often take place a few weeks or months before the wedding. It is usually a great opportunity for you to get to know more about your photographer and how they work, and for them to get to know you.
Digital photo versions
Some packages may include digital versions of the photos, which may or may not come in a USB stick. This will allow you to make your own prints or albums. The package will specify how many digital images you can expect per session.
While not a lot of wedding photographers in Singapore still include prints in their packages these days, some still do. The dimensions and number of prints will be specified in the package.
Your photographer may give you access to a password protected online gallery that you can use to share the photos with your family and friends.
The package may also include a wedding album. Before you receive the final album, your photographer may also send you an inexpensive preview album that you can use to view the edited photographs before they go to the final album.
Large framed picture
This can either be framed or printed on canvas. The package should specify the size and when you can expect to get it.
A video slideshow with the best photos
Depending on your photographer, they may also create a short video with the best wedding photos for you to look at.
Wedding Photoshoot Logistics
How to make sure the day runs smoothly and peacefully on the day of the shoot? If you want your wedding photoshoot to run smoothly, here are a few things you can do:
- Allocate a little extra time for everything. You do not want to run out of time for photos. Anticipate that things will take a little longer than you expect and add some 30 minutes to everything. This way, your wedding photographer gets to take their time finding that perfect shot.
- Get dressed early. Being all dressed and ready to go will give you time to relax on your big day. Plus, it is also great for the photographer because they’ll get lots of time to play around with lighting and poses and backgrounds to create photos that you’ll love.
- Plan to get a lot of pictures taken before the wedding. Not only will this take a lot of stress out of the equation, but when all the bridal portraits and bridal party pictures are done and dusted, you can focus fully on your big day. Getting most of the photos taken early is also a great way to do everything right by taking your time with them and ensuring you look your best even before the wedding.
- Take your couple’s pictures before the wedding. This way, you won’t have to leave your guests hanging for an hour or so during the wedding to go get your couple’s photos taken.
- Communicate your needs throughout. Your photographer will be by your side for the entire day. You want to make sure that they know exactly what you need at all times. Talk to them about your timeline, your expectations, and so on to avoid getting disappointed.
- Talk to your parents, friends, and family about where to be and when to make the photographer’s job a little easier.
- Have a designated person keep everyone on schedule and make sure everyone is ready for formal family photo sessions. This will prevent situations where a family member has wandered off and missed an important picture with everyone else.
- Ask your guests to refrain from taking photographs during formal photo sessions simultaneously as your photographer, which can be rather frustrating sometimes. If everyone is posing for a family photo, have only one photographer taking the picture.
- If you have some flexibility about planning the day’s activities, talk to your photographer about a good time of day for the ceremony and the reception time. This will allow them to recommend times with the best lighting.
- If you are planning an outdoor wedding, have a backup plan in place in case it rains.
After you find your something borrowed and something blue, consider finding a photographer to shoot your wedding celebration. You won’t regret having wonderful wedding photos done by experienced professionals. By hiring any of the photographers mentioned on our list, you are guaranteed a wedding album full of romantic shots that will preserve the memory of your wedding day. Celebrate the next chapter of your extraordinary love story with wedding photography in Singapore.
Wedding photography is very important for your big day for several reasons for this. First, It is a great way to capture memories and to tell the story of one of the most special days of your life. With it, you get to relive that special day, and you get to share it with others, including your children and grandchildren. Second, It allows you to capture moments that would have otherwise been missed. You’ll want to look back at these little moments down the road. Third, You get personal images that you can display in your home. Finally, Investing in professional wedding photographers in Singapore will help you avoid those ugly, over-exposed pictures that family friends take for free. That’s not how you want to remember your wedding day.
Wedding photography is about telling the entire story of your wedding day. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes on the photographer’s side, which drives up the cost. First, the time spent on client meetings, pre-wedding, the wedding day, and post-editing adds up. Second, is the Gear. Most wedding photographers will have at least two cameras to work with. On top of this, they’ll also have multiple lenses. These can be very expensive, which also trickles down into the photography cost. The third is the talent. Depending on your photographer’s work quality, a lot of value can be placed on their talent. It’s taken them a long time to hone their skills to that level. You are paying for this experience and talent. Finally, there are business expenses such as Insurance, editing software, accounting software, online galleries, and so on also drive up the cost.
Most photographers recommend interviewing at least 3 different photographers before finalizing and signing a contract with one of them. Obviously, the more photographers you interview, the more work you’ll have to put in, but once you make that final decision, you can be sure that you will be getting the best fit for you. That said, interviewing more than three photographers can be a little overwhelming. With so much information coming in, you might start confusing who said what and whose style you liked best. Therefore, the sweet spot is a maximum of three wedding photographers in Singapore.